Re: “GNU welcomes contributions from all and everyone” in context of the

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: “GNU welcomes contributions from all and everyone” in context of the proposed “GNU social contract”
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 13:48:09 +0300

Jason Self <jself@gnu.org> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> wrote:

>>> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html
>>
>> Note, that @rms@gnu.org did not mention the main ‘demographic
>> characteristic’ — a class.  And perhaps that is not a coincidence: as you
>> know, unlike many other free software developments, major subprojects of GNU
>> [0] are very selective about from whom they are accept contributions.
>> Everyone have to pass though a … bureaucratic process [1], but employees are
>> also have to pass through even longer and humiliating procedures to prove
>> that they are not liars [2].
>
>> [...that is] many are less welcome than some.
>
> Some GNU packages do require copyright assignment to the FSF but anyone is
> able to do so.

Iʼm afraid, your answer does not align well with what you are replying on
(restored above).  Is what I said factually wrong?

You prefer to focus on technicalities of document exchange, while that was not
the point of my letter.  “GNU welcomes contributions from all and everyone” and
what is under that title implies, first and foremost, not a convenience, but
the absence of _discrimination_ of any kind.

> [0] https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/fsf-to-begin-accepting-scanned
> -assignments-from-germany

I would like to suggest you how to fix that, but unfortunately your MUA
(Evolution) seems to be so GNOME-ish, that you canʼt disable hardwrapping
without patching it.  The only options are either switch to composing HTML-only
messages or to press Ctrl-7 every message you type.