Re: address@hidden is premoderated

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: address@hidden is premoderated
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:52:58 +0100

* DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> [2019-10-30 18:21]:
> Dora Scilipoti <dora@gnu.org> writes:
> > Oh! I thought the conversations here were started to talk about a new
> > governance model specifically for GNU.
>
> Well... it's all related, but each sub-project in GNU itself needs a
> local governance model, and even if it's different than the top-level
> GNU model, they interact, so there's room for discussion there too.
>
> In the glibc case, the topic started when the maintainers couldn't reach
> consensus on a change, and we didn't have a way to move forward.
> Remember, the glibc case, we have nine stewards (official maintainers),
> 70 listed maintainers (developers), and 490 copyright assignments.
> Running glibc is more complicated than running a small one-developer
> project, even if (or especially when) RMS gets involved.
>
> Also remember that glibc is on its third major governance model (I
> think) - dictator, committee, and consensus.

>From Wordnet:

* Overview of noun dictator

The noun dictator has 3 senses (no senses from tagged texts)
1. dictator -- (a speaker who dictates to a secretary or a recording machine)
2. dictator, potentate -- (a ruler who is unconstrained by law)
3. authoritarian, dictator -- (a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner; "my
boss is a dictator who makes everyone work overtime")

I don't mind comparing anything to governments yet GNU project is not
government, it is planetary and way beyond any of governments, it
spready by its philosophy and people who simply like it.

A term "dictator" has negative connotations and the dictator we speak
about is everything else but dictator.

Replacement:

founder

2. (1) founder, beginner, founding father, father -- (a person who
founds or establishes some institution; "George Washington is the
father of his country")

he he... am I too picky?