Re: Support for RMS and criticism of the "bottom-up"/"social contract" p

From: Marcel
Subject: Re: Support for RMS and criticism of the "bottom-up"/"social contract" power grab attempt.
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 18:38:07 +0700

On 10/31/19 6:34 PM, Dmitry Alexandrov wrote:
> Marcel <mve1@runbox.com> wrote:

>>> You donʼt try say, that when ‘detractors’, that want to derail free
>>> software movement (whoever you mean), wonʼt need to push him out first,
>>> because heʼs already dead, it will be any better, do you?
>>
>> I don't understand the rest of your statement, so I cannot respond.
>
> Your point, as I understand it: the discussion on the future of GNU shall not
> be held because: (1) there are ‘detractors’ who want to derail free software
> movement, and (2) RMS is still with us.
>
> My point: your point is invalid, because the situation will never be better
> than that: (1) ill-wishers to the free software will exist in any foreseeable
> future, while (2) RMS is not.

No, that was not my point, you misread my statement. I think we probably
hold the same opinion, but I will not go into details because this list
is censored and my messages are rejected without a cause. What can we
discuss under conditions of censorship such as those? Will this message
make it through?