Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 20:11:54 +0100

Le dimanche 27 octobre 2019, 18:55:59 CET Alfred M. Szmidt a écrit :
> that
> "stubborn governance" is what is needed to keep things free.  If
> anything, we should have even more stubborn goverance -- and that can
> only be done by a trusted group of people that are willing to uphold
> the values of the GNU project -- not something a community can do.

I hope one day that will be something a community can do.  Just like a
community can keep things safe along the rule “don’t kill each other”, at
least for most of its members, without “stubborn governance”.

I hope one day people will naturally keep stuff free the same way they
naturally don’t kill each other, and we’ll be able to trust that.