Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 04:01:27 +0530

* Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> [2019-11-02 02:47]:
> * Jean Louis:
>
> > But if you do so, then you are allowing one new direction in the GNU
> > project, that everyone involved in the GNU project should go around
> > GNU contributors and whoever else is related and connected to GNU to
> > see if that person did not say maybe something politically incorrect,
> > so to cancel the person, to take down the person for reasons of saying
> > something that you or anybody else thinks it was not politically
> > correct.
>
> Not everyone.  One of Sandra's point was that our *leadership* should
> not cause entirely unrelated controversies that detract from our
> mission.

Not so. Every prominent person is target for money-making media to
make some money out of it. That is how media works, they are hungry
for blood, sex, crime. If subject is pedophilia, then anybody who is
little bit famous like RMS will become target of it.

Please see this search:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bill+gates+epstein&atb=v154-3am&ia=news

So Bill Gates is equally target of media for Eppstein connection.

RMS is our friend, so friends stay to friends.

Try to understand how media works, it is not just or moral necessary,
it will transmit information without integrity and accuracy.

That is exactly the basis of many of RMS's comments, he criticizes
media for incorrectness.

RMS did not "cause" controversy.

Media is making up controvery based on current time period's trigger
keywords. They know what is trending and they are looking for anybody
famous mentioning or speaking anything related to the trending
subjects. Then they make money out of the chaos.

> This is something I fully agree with: leaders hould not cause
> problems that we wouldn't have without them.

By excercising legal free speech one is causing none problems to
anybody.

Please see:

We Need To Stop Opinion Shaming
You don't need to bash someone else's opinion in order to express yours.
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/stop-opinion-shaming

> (The fact that I do not discuss your comments regarding child abuse
> images, lynching etc. does not mean that I agree with them.)

Sure.

Let me mention one other sensitive subject of incest. Today it is not
much accepted and not legal in many countries. If we think that one
generation requires 30 years to get a child, in 50 generation that
makes about:

CL> (format t "~R" (expt 2 50))
one quadrillion, one hundred and twenty-five trillion, eight hundred
and ninety-nine billion, nine hundred and six million, eight hundred
and forty-two thousand, six hundred and twenty-four generations

which makes the number 1,125,899,906,842,624 that represent the number
of our ancestors for last 1500 years. Considering that some historical
records and estimates speak that number of people before 1500 years on
this planet was just about 200 millions, the conclusion is that we are
all inbred and that incest was quite a popular activity at the time.

Times are changing and so subjects related to sex are changing too,
let us not bash anybody for their opinions.

Jean