Re: to what extent is the gnu project philosophical?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: to what extent is the gnu project philosophical?
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 10:08:37 +0100

Hello Jason,

thanks for the historical explanation, which is very interesting!

On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 06:49:19PM -0700, Jason Self wrote:
> In closing, attributing the GNU Project's founding philosophies to the
> FSF when it didn't even exist at the time and indeed was even started
> with a different purpose in mind seems a bit of historical
> revisionism.

There is a misunderstanding: My understanding of the question was to discuss
how the relationship between the FSF and GNU should be organised *in the
future*, and how we should reasonably split the roles between the FSF and us,
the GNU project. While the past and current situation can certainly inform
and inspire us, we may also think of changes. So this is a public discussion
following the call by the FSF to think about the relationship between the two:
   https://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-and-gnu

Andreas