Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 04:02:23 -0500

   > But that is the thing -- GNU maintainers don't agree to anything

   Could you please make it more clear in your messages when you speak for
   yourself, i.e.: "I don't agree to ..." and refrain from suggesting that
   you could be speaking for me?

It wasn't my opinion, it is what you agree to as a GNU maintainer and
it is what RMS has communicated for the last several decades -- you
can of course agree to more, but that is the basis.

You can read about it in the email that you get when you become one.

   I am supporting GNU mainly because of the free software philosophy.

That is good, but that is not what many maintainers agree with, nor
has it ever been a requirement to become one.