Re: List posting rules

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: List posting rules
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 17:24:06 +0100

Le samedi 2 novembre 2019, 01:28:32 CET Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> Alexandre François Garreau, le ven. 01 nov. 2019 19:23:40 +0100, a ecrit:
> > Would be better if, like other mailing-list softwares I saw, we could
> > be resent back the previous mail by asking the mailing-list software
>
> Even better, you can download archives as mbox from
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/

That’s a solution.  A solution I already used.  But not a better one.  SMTP is
way more standard and basic in email than mbox.  And it will be way easier for
any user to receive mail than to download and import an mbox file (many of them
won’t even know what does this consist in).

Thus, though technical solutions exist, they’re not sufficient to be considered
a complete solution.