Re: list moderation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 22:34:04 +0100

Hi Brandon,

Brandon Invergo <brandon@gnu.org> skribis:

> For the past month or so, every message to the list has been subject to
> moderation, so-called "emergency moderation".  It has become clear that
> the moderation was being used in a biased manner.  We have decided to
> remove Mark and Carlos as moderators/admins and to turn off the
> emergency moderation.  We will not place any restriction on the topic of
> discussion beyond what is outlined in the pre-existing list guidelines.

Who is “we” in “we have decided” above?

Can you explain how “moderation was being used in a biased manner”,
giving specific examples?

I think Mark and Carlos have done a great job.  I am happy that this
list was host to constructive discussions and not as toxic as the
private GNU lists.  I am concerned that about the ability to continue
discussing constructively going forward.

I am also disappointed that you, Brandon, took the liberty to remove
those who had added you as a moderator.  That looks, at best,
discourteous.

I’m looking forward to reading your explanations.

Thanks,
Ludo’.