Re: Women LOVE RMS and GNU

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: Women LOVE RMS and GNU
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 23:50:09 -0500

On 11/3/19 11:34 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 05:25:52AM +0100, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
>> Hi, I like discussion.  This so because I like language.  And therefore,
>> meaning.
>>
>> Le lundi 4 novembre 2019, 04:32:04 CET Ruben Safir a écrit :
>>> Nobody believes this except for a few hysterical lunitics.
>>
>> I think you’re wrong about lunatism.  I think though mob attacks can seem
>> really lunatic, they’re made by disinformed persons that tend to keep a
>> sort
>> of consistence within the few, probably unsufficient, knowledge they have
>> about
>> the situations they get in.
>>
>> But now about “hysterical”,
>
> Hysterical is the correct term and it is not a gender term.
>
> Regardless how many times it is said otherwise, it doesn't change that
> Hysterical is a legitiamte and correct term for use in English...
>
> French I have no idea about.

hysterical adjective
Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.
Log In
hys·​ter·​i·​cal | \ hi-ˈster-i-kəl
\
Definition of hysterical

1 : of, relating to, or marked by hysteria hysterical conditions
2 : feeling or showing extreme and unrestrained emotion hysterical fans
… the paper did not hesitate to appeal to racial passions in hysterical
headlines and rabid editorials. — The New Yorker
3 informal : very funny a hysterical movie/joke

Synonyms & Antonyms for hysterical

Synonyms

antic, chucklesome, comedic, comic, comical, droll, farcical, funny,
hilarious, humoristic, humorous, killing, laughable, ludicrous,
ridiculous, riotous, risible, screaming, sidesplitting, uproarious

Antonyms

humorless, lame, unamusing, uncomic, unfunny, unhumorous, unhysterical

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.brooklyn-living.com