Re: “Hysterical” [Was: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: “Hysterical” [Was: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 06:13:45 +0100

Le lundi 4 novembre 2019 05:55:26 CET, vous avez écrit :
> On 11/3/19 11:38 PM, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
> > The question is then: what does it mean? crazy? or simply you don’t like
> > the person? or nothing?
>
> It means that your working from an emotional framework where one acts
> irrationally... to the point by losing the ability to reason.
>
> like in a mob ready to perform a lynching..

That is really interesting and relevant.

Unlike what a lot of people might associate with usage of the word
“hysterical”.

So I’m glad you defined it.  So any people put off by this term could replace
it
by this relevant definition.

PS: for the rest I still believe it has a sexist history (it comes from the
word for “vagina”) and is more often used against women, so I don’t like its
usage, but won’t ban a word, just comment on its usage (just like rms has been
doing a lot).