Re: list moderation

From: Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss)
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 10:33:42 -0800

On 2019-11-05 02:59, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
A bit more than 24 hours later, two things have become clear to me: that Mark and Carlos were indeed doing a good moderation job, and that by not
doing any moderation, you’ve opened the flood gates and silenced the
rest of us.

Funny though, I'm somehow reading you loud and clear at this end.

Maybe I'm stranded in some remaining pocket of moderation?

In that time we got ~100 messages, the majority of which were written by the same 3 people. Worse, many of those messages were personal attacks,
and many others were off-topic for this list.

Well, since we aren't throwing away the baby or the bathwater, there
is bathwater. Is that a surprise?

Local filtering options have not been taken away.

If most of the messages you don't want are from the same three people.
you can filter them out based on the From: header.

If most of the unwanted messages are in the same thread, you can use a
threaded mail reader which folds all of them into a single UI item that
can be selected and deleted in one stroke.

You can set up a rule that turfs messages based on Subject: line.