Re: list moderation

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 11:22:49 +0000

Andy Wingo writes:

>> Who is “we” in “we have decided” above?
>
> I don't think this question has been answered.  Brandon, could you
> clarify please?

>> Can you explain how “moderation was being used in a biased manner”,
>> giving specific examples?
>
> I am also interested in answers to this question.

I do not intend to discuss internal GNU matters on a public mailing
list.

> For what it is worth, until now I could understand that you were
> operating in good faith in your various roles in GNU, that you were
> genuinely working for the benefit of GNU, even if we disagreed on the
> advisability of different options.  I am sad to say that I no longer
> feel this way.  It's not impossible to work together, but something has
> broken.

I'm sorry you have interpreted it that way.  I have been working
tirelessly to keep peace since you created this mess a few weeks ago.
Please keep in mind that "something was broken" for me the moment all of
you took up arms against GNU.  I have nevertheless tried to work around
that feeling on order to find some common ground.  I firmly believe in
the importance of being able to work with people with whom one
fundamentally disagrees.  But ironically, in working to maintain peace,
I cannot please everyone all the time.  I will continue to act toward
the betterment of GNU, and sometimes that might conflict with your own
interpretation of the situation.  I am sorry for that but I hope that we
can eventually navigate our way towards a resolution.

--
-brandon