Re: Is negative publicity always harmful?

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Is negative publicity always harmful?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 09:36:40 -0500

Hello again, moderators,

I am asking you to place Jean Louis on moderation.  I will give you
some context in case you are unaware of their behavior:

Jean Louis has been a consistently bad actor since the publishing of
the statement on the Guix blog.  They have engaged in behavior that
ranges from annoying at best to hateful at worst on many GNU lists.
They spammed multiple Guix lists, cross-posting to many at the same
time typically, to the point that they were put on moderation there.
Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but no one is entitled to
repeat this point ad nauseum to every mailing list they can think of.
The issue goes beyond poor mailing list etiquette, however.  While
they have kept most of the worst of their statements off of GNU lists,
they host a web page on the domain gnu.support that contains hateful
comments about a GNU maintainer as well as cherry picked sexist,
homophobic, and transphobic comments from other places.  I have also
received rude off-list, direct emails from them, and others have as
well.  I think it is beyond time that they are placed on moderation
here.

Thank you,

- Dave