Re: list moderation

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: list moderation
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 18:54:00 +0100

Hi Brandon,

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 11:59:04AM +0000, Brandon Invergo wrote:
> Also, it is true that you and the others have been involved longer than
> me, but please do not in turn minimize the time and effort I have
> invested in GNU, especially in the thankless, mundane, boring
> behind-the-scenes work that I've been doing (at the constant edge of
> burnout) so that everyone else can just keep on hacking.

Please don't burn out. I do believe we need you for the future of GNU.
I truly hope one outcome of the current discussions about what defines
GNU will be a structure that reduces the stress and burnout because
tasks and responsibilities are better described. So people can more
easily volunteer for tasks when they see someone is getting
overloaded.

> And yes, my
> views have evolved since I have become more involved in GNU in
> non-maintainership tasks and I understand more about the overall project
> and the reality of keeping it running.  I would hope that those views
> are valuable to others, should anyone be curious to listen.

Yes, I very much would like to hear about your views.

> And that's the last I'm going to say on this list about the current
> situation.

I do support that. And would urge others to drop this particular
thread. Yes, there was a break of trust. But that will just take time
to heal (I hope).

Brandon and Mike do provide a valuable service of trying to give us a
kind public list to discuss all things GNU. I hope they don't burn
out, because I do know how hard that is. Please give them a bit of
time to make this happen.

Lets just turn the discussion back to GNU Project governance issues
while avoiding specific discussions about people and their
capabilities.

Cheers,

Mark