Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 19:31:17 +0100

Hello,

I will reply once more, but it may be the last time in this thread. Please,
Alexandre and others, if you wish to contribute, stop rambling and come to
the point, and actually try to stick to a point that is raised and avoid
going off on lengthy tangents that I (and probably others) have no time
to read.

Let me quote once more the paragraph that we are supposedly discussing:
> * GNU welcomes contributions from all and everyone
> We want to give everyone the opportunity to contribute to our efforts
> on any of the many tasks that require work.  We welcome all contributors,
> regardless of their gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, level of
> experience, or any other personal characteristics.  We commit to providing
> a harassment-free experience for all our contributors.

Your contribution to this topic contains the following:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 07:02:53PM +0100, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
> Doing so through censorship and exclusion could.
> (...)
> But you also could ban too much potential harassers in regard to harassed
> people and not be productive enough in this concern.
> (...)
> Look: we could even speculate that there are already so much more men than
> women coming, that it is not worth defending the later!  How horrible,
> saddening and pessimistic toward humankind…
> (...)
> Personally I support it, but I don’t think exclusion or censorship is the
> way.
> (...)
> “GNU Project is feminist and act as such” (“westernly”) might lower the whole
> number of contributors or supporters from some countries
> (much more than US) initially after revolution)).
> (...)
> It’s not to mean GNU Project is to declare itself “feminism-agnostic”

How on earth do you end up associating "we welcome contributors" with
"censorship", "exclusion", "banning", "feminism" or "feminism-agnosticism"?
Notice that the social contract is a statement of principles. Clearly if
we want to provide a harassment-free environment, some procedure will have
to be decided at some point in time in case harassment occurs; but this is
not the goal of this document.

Of course you are free to send your stream of consciousness to this list,
but if you wish to have an impact on the topic at hand, I would suggest to
make concrete suggestions on wording, or paragraphs to remove or to add.

Andreas