Re: A purely GNU system?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: A purely GNU system?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 16:38:33 +0100

On Sat, Nov 09, 2019 at 08:33:13AM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> A purley GNU system includes, by defintion, non-GNU packages -- see
> the GNU manifesto.  This again is a misunderstanding as to what the
> GNU system and the GNU project are.

I am not sure whether you have read the text beyond the subject line.
My question was this:
   I am wondering how functional a system is that contains only GNU packages?

It was just out of curiosity, and not of major importance. At the same time,
it measures the "influence" of the GNU project on the GNU system. For
instance, if all GNU packages were replaced by other software, the GNU
project would be reduced to an agency providing a label (or maybe not even
that).

Andreas