Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 20:11:41 +0100

Hello Alfred,

are you making fun of me? In your message I am referring to, you say this:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 04:06:42PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> This is quite different than what we our guidelines say, it would be
> best to use that text instead:
>   The GNU Project encourages contributions from anyone who wishes to
>   advance the development of the GNU system, regardless of gender, race,
>   ethnic group, physical appearance, religion, cultural background, and
>   any other demographic characteristics, as well as personal political
>   views.

Now when I mention that same text you bring up, as well as similar texts
and ask:
>    What would people with more experience in this matter suggest?

you reply (so you have more experience in this matter?):
On Sat, Nov 09, 2019 at 01:23:24PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Neither, the GNU project won't have a code of conduct, or any such
> similar texts.  This was quite explictly stated.

I find it difficult to qualify this exchange of messages as anything but
trolling. Would it be "best to use that [first] text", or "neither"?
If you say one thing in one posting, and the opposite thing in the next
one, I do not see how to have a meaningful discussion.

Notice also that this is not a code of conduct, as I already explained
before, since it does contain neither a procedure for reporting harassing
behaviour nor possible sanctions.

Anyway, I think I will not continue adding lines to what ends up resembling
a play of Theatre of the Absurd, and likely just ignore your messages in
the future.

Andreas