Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Marcel
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 16:48:39 +0700

On 11/11/19 4:20 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
But if you mean me personally,
> then no, I don't want to shame rms by trying to formulate what I think
> we (as in we GNU hackers together) believe is the mission of the GNU
> project. In fact I hope he will agree that it correctly describes what
> we all believe in.

Perhaps this sentence best illustrates what I see as the crux of the
impasse: when you say "what we all believe in", you assume everyone
involved in GNU believes the same thing, yet this is clearly not the case.

If different people have different beliefs, then how can such a document
correctly describe "what we all believe in"? How can you expect all
volunteers to sign it?