Re: Proposals for the new GNU/FSF relationship

From: Andrej Shadura
Subject: Re: Proposals for the new GNU/FSF relationship
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 14:19:18 +0100

On 27/12/2019 10:39, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> As volunteers for the GNU Project we are happy that the FSF provides GNU
> with services like fiscal sponsorship, technical infrastructure,
> promotion, copyright assignment, and volunteer management.  And we note
> that the FSF is looking for feedback on this relationship going forward:
>
>   https://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-and-gnu
>
> To that end we have held discussions with other GNU maintainers,
> developers and other contributors, drafting a GNU mission statement and
> social contract, identifying stakeholders, delegation models and
> consensus based decision making.  We would like to share some of the things we
> believe should happen to improve the shared understanding of the
> relationship for the future of the Free Software Foundation and the GNU
> Project.

<snip>

As a fellow GNU maintainer of indent, and also a Debian Developer, I
welcome these public discussions about the relationship between the FSF
and the GNU project and GNU governance in general.

I cannot participate in these discussions myself since there’s already
too much on my plate, but please continue these discussions, they will
benefit GNU, FSF, Debian and the free software and open source community
as a whole.

Thanks for doing this hard work.

--
Cheers,