Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 14:13:05 +0100

Hi Samuel,

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 09:43:25PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> I do believe it is important to emphasize "all".

Yes, one reason to emphasize "all users" is to show we might want to
adopt policies to specifically make our software usable by all users.
Like we did for non-native English speakers through our
internationalization effort with the GNU translators. Another reason,
important in this context, is to emphasize that the Four Freedoms hold
for all users, not just some (privileged) subset. No discrimination
against people or fields of use.

Cheers,

Mark