Re: posts by non-members

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: posts by non-members
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 14:06:07 +0100

Hi again,

Brandon Invergo <brandon@gnu.org> skribis:

> On Fri, 2020-01-03 at 13:53 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>>
>> In general it is somewhat inconvenient if you can only post to the
>> list from the address with which you are subscribed.
>
> In practice, with only one or two exceptions from what I have seen so far,
> this
> would only affect people whose messages tend to be rejected for content
> anyway.
>
> If anyone is particularly inconvenienced by this change and they genuinely
> intend to contribute to the discussion, they are welcome to get in touch.  I
> can
> either make a (mental) exception or we can find an alternative solution for
> them.  For example, you can change your account settings in Mailman not to
> send
> messages to your "sending only" account.

As you’ve probably seen in your moderator queue :-), I’m a former
non-member: I used to read via Gmane.org, and thus posting as a
non-member.  Some of my previous messages are lost in limbo, it seems.

I’ve subscribed now, but I do find it a bit inconvenient; it’s also one
of the few public GNU mailing lists I know of (perhaps the only one)
where posting is now restricted to members.

No big deal, but I thought I’d mention my use case.

Ludo’.