Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 11:44:12 +0100

Dear Andreas,

GNU project, which is about providing free operating system has its
founder Dr. Richard M. Stallman.

* Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> [2020-01-08 10:38]:
> Actually, even in more traditionally organised French non-profits,
> the president etc. are elected by a yearly assembly of all the
> members; I think the same holds in Germany. This is imposed by law
> as soon as one wants to register a non-profit.
>
> I think GNU is the only autocratic volunteer organisation I am
> contributing to, which, given its goals, is rather ironic.

GNU project is not a non-profit, thus apples cannot be compared to
pears. You don't compare frogs to grandmothers. GNU project has its
founder in US, and has no direct connections to France or French
non-profits.

You cannot compare German laws to American laws.

GNU project is so far I know, not a registered entity, need not
be. FSF is non-profit incorporated entity. FSF and GNU are not same.

That you say "GNU is the only autocratic volunteer organisation" is
pure nonsense, especially in software world where majority of software
project founders have taken initiative to start the project, and they
still retain the rights to choose what is going to be accepted and
what not. I really wonder how you don't know that majority of software
projects in general have its usually single project founder, more
rarely few people, but contributors in majority of software projects
do not have a final say.

That you say that "GNU is the only autocratic volunteer organisation"
also shows me that you are either blind or intentionally bringing
doubts, fears and uncertainties. Dr. Richard M. Stallman is least
"autocratic" among majority of software projects, don't you see that
Stallman is not even raising his voice when you are throwing mud on
GNU project? How can that be said to be bossy, dominating or
dictatorial or despotic, tyrannic? It is not.

Stop spreading fears, doubts and uncertainties. GNU project has its
founder, there is statement on www.stallman.org where it says " I
continue to be the Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project.  I do not
intend to stop any time soon." -- so please just stop derrogating and
disrespecting GNU project.

Can you do your own project? Can you do something useful that is not
dividing people? Why are you spreading lies and propaganda here? Can
you just spend your time in more efficient manner with some benefits
for you or for some people, even going to swimming pool may give you
relaxed time, may lessen your envy towards Stallman.

Jean

definition:

The adj autocratic has 2 senses (no senses from tagged texts)
1. autocratic, bossy, dominating, high-and-mighty, magisterial, peremptory --
(offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power; "an
autocratic person"; "autocratic behavior"; "a bossy way of ordering others
around"; "a rather aggressive and dominating character"; "managed the employees
in an aloof magisterial way"; "a swaggering peremptory manner")
2. authoritarian, autocratic, dictatorial, despotic, tyrannic, tyrannical --
(characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute
sovereignty; "an authoritarian regime"; "autocratic government"; "despotic
rulers"; "a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"; "a
tyrannical government")