Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Siddhesh Poyarekar
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 12:34:33 +0530

On 13/01/20 10:51 am, Jean Louis wrote:
> The big joke in the end is that few of those politically oriented,
> mostly French GNU members, again wish to censor the joke that was
> about censorship itself.

1. As someone in the middle of that whole debacle, I'd like to clarify
that I'm not French.  In fact, I wonder how many glibc contributors we
have in France.  I'll admit that I wouldn't be able to tell French from
Belgian, etc. given that, well, I'm not French.

2. As for the manual text, would it be appropriate for me to send emails
to this list about endangered Wildebeest?  Why not?  The list is about
GNUs after all!  How about "Free Palestine" or "Free Kashmir"?  Why not?
 How about "Stop internet censorship"?  The whole thing is a matter of
debate *only* because of the will of the chief GNUisance.

3. That censorship claim is ridiculous.  If anything, the current GNU
structure gives the chief gnuisance power and he abused it to keep all
of us hostage for a year.

4. That thread ended up exposing much of what is wrong with the top-down
approach of maintenance.  RMS threatened (and Alex executed on his
behalf) to use his veto power when clearly the majority of the glibc
community was against his viewpoint on the topic.

Siddhesh