Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: facebook
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:43:53 -0500

On 1/25/20 7:07 AM, Marcel wrote:
> GNU is an organization with a chief GNUisence at the helm, RMS. It
> didn't have to be that way, but it is that way.

Yeah it did "have to be like that".  It would not have survived for its
mission otherwise.

<<Different people, it seems, look at GNU through their own particular
ideological filters and see what they'd like to see, reflected back at
them.>>

Yeah but this is not a Rorschach test.  GNU actually IS something, which is a
Tech organization run my RMS whose purpose is to obtain and protect certain
political freedoms for society.  It is not an organization created to entertain
developers, and it has zero fiduciary responsibility to the volunteer community.

And it is certainly not a democracy.

<<Another argument riddled with logical fallacies and personal political
interpretations.>>

Ummm - wrong.