Re: What's GNU -- and what's not

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: What's GNU -- and what's not
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 07:44:30 -0500

On 2/7/20 2:51 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> As you know since the FSF asked for feedback on the relationship
> between the FSF and GNU

As you know is the biggest indicator of lies and deceit to follow than
any other phrase in English or any other language.  It is followed by,
"As we can all agree", and "From this it is obvious" and other such
prepositions to lies.

This is not the location for the GNU/FSF review and comments.  Those
addresses and the individuals that review such comments are listed
elsewhere, most recently :

<<
The Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project leadership are defining
how these two separate groups cooperate. Our mutual aim is to work
together as peers, while minimizing change in the practical aspects of
this cooperation, so we can advance in our common free software mission.

Alex Oliva, Henry Poole and John Sullivan ([board members or officers of
the FSF][1]), and Richard Stallman (head of the GNU Project), have been
meeting to develop a general framework which will serve as the
foundation for further discussion about specific areas of cooperation.
Together we have been considering the input received from the public on
[fsf-and-gnu@fsf.org][2] and [gnu-and-fsf@gnu.org][3]. We urge people to
send any further input by February 13, because we expect to finish this
framework soon.

This joint announcement can also be read on
http://www.fsf.org/news/gnu-fsf-cooperation-update.

This wiki was an overt attempt to remove Stallman from GNU.  The
creators of the wiki said so when they petitioned to remove RMS from GNU
on the GUIX website.

I've argued with Richard that there needs to be a banning of those that
challenge to governance of GNU... OUTRIGHT.  He, in is infinite
patience, has opted to allow this to continue to simmer and give the
appearance of negations.  In truth though, while RMS is extremely
tolerant of discourse and political maneuvering, and even lies and
libel, I can't see how he is going to be able to settle this one.  The
individuals who are attacking him here are attacking the very core of
GNU.  GNU is a militant organization designed to create the tools for
free communication and digital culture through software sharing through
guarantees of code resources.  Without the militant center, it has no
chance to survive as a means of cultural change.  He is going to have to
ban you guys.

As for the talk nice, I view that as I view this along with the sign
that was greeted by my ancestors "Arbeit macht frei".  The Nazi's talked
nice to my relatives in Prague that they brought their own train tickets
to the cematoria.  I don't give a shit if you talk nice, when you
perpetrate a fundamental injustice.

Go fuck yourself.  You are not stealing GNU.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com