Re: [address@hidden: What's GNU -- and what's not]

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: What's GNU -- and what's not]
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 10:45:39 -0500

On Fri, Feb 07, 2020 at 01:37:56PM +0100, Ludovic Court??s wrote:
> > GNU package maintainers have committed to do work to maintain and add
> > to the GNU system, but not anything beyond that.  We have never
> > pressed contributors to endorse the GNU Project philosophy, or any
> > other philosophical views, because people are welcome to contribute to
> > GNU regardless of their views.
>
> I feel sad to see you try to shut down discussion, Richard.

Ludovic,

It is strange that you suggest Richard is trying to "shut down discussion"
when his concluding sentance explicitly says:

 "People are always free to publish what they think the GNU Project should do"

But I see that you cropped that part from the text when you quoted it.  You
hoped that people wouldn't notice, I suppose.

You have previously accused others of misrepresentation.  Do you not think that
you are misrepresenting what Richard has said?

J'