Re: Moderation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Moderation
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:00:41 +0100

Hi Mike & Brandon,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> skribis:

> A large part of the traffic over the last few weeks was repeated
> ad-hominem attacks, always by the same people.
>
> This is a violation of the list’s stated policy at
> <https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-misc-discuss>.  It gives a
> poor image of the project and undoubtedly silences many.
>
> I call on to you to make it stop.  I reckon moderation is a tough and
> thankless task, and I am grateful for your work, but I think it’s in the
> project’s interest to put an end to abuse of that sort.

I didn’t get any response from you on this matter.

To make matters worse, my own posts are moderated and I’ve seen a 2- to
3-day delay before they’d reach the mailing list lately.  That makes it
hard for me to participate.

Meanwhile, all the abuse email is getting through unmoderated AFAICS
(i.e., there’s no delay between their ‘Date’ header and the time I
receive them.)

Mike, Brandon: please rectify this situation.

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.