Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:02:42 +0300

* Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> [2020-02-14 04:49]:
> Two random observations for packages that I happened to look at:
>
> - In the manually-collected-release-dates you include eprints,
>   but it isn't really clear that is still
>   a GNU package. https://www.gnu.org/software/eprints/ just
>   redirects to https://www.eprints.org/uk/
>   I cannot even find the word GNU on their website.

Look:
http://tryme.demo.eprints-hosting.org/eprints/

If you wish to file a bug with some of software authors, write to
them, make a constructive proposal how to improve something.

>   The sources mention GNU EPrints 4 times, but almost everywhere
>   the software is just called EPrints. Other uses of GNU are only
>   in combination with the (L)GPL.

You may propose changes by writing to software authors.

> - GNU diction did do some releases through ftp.gnu.org, but
>   does also have some more releases at
>   http://www.moria.de/~michael/diction/
>   But it isn't really clear how you would know that.

File a bug with GNU Diction.

> Thanks for collecting it all. And I hope people will look at it and
> sent in updates where possible.

Please file a bug with the appropriate parties.

--
Thanks,
Jean Louis