Re: Endorsing the GNU Social Contract

From: David Malcolm
Subject: Re: Endorsing the GNU Social Contract
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:31:41 -0500

On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 01:20 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After several months since our statement that it is time for GNU
> maintainers to collectively decide about the organization of the
> project, we are finally ready for a first small step towards that.

> There was a bit of push back that left us no choice than to setup our
> own space for this project. See https://wiki.gnu.tools/ Tools for GNU
> maintainers by GNU maintainers.
>
> But after lots and lots of discussions, a DRAFT proposal and a
> feedback
> process [*] we finally have:
> https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract
>
> The goal of the GNU Social Contract is to state the core values GNU
> maintainers who have endorsed it are committed to uphold.  It is both
> an agreement among us, GNU contributors, and a pledge to the broader
> free software community.

Thanks for working on this.

> If you are a GNU maintainer and do support this initiative please
> reply
> to this email, Reply-To set, (preferably signed with your OpenPGP
> key)
> stating:
>
>   I, maintainer of package X, endorse version 1.0 of the GNU
>   Social Contract, available at
>   <https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract>;.

You will then be listed here:
> <https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract-endorsement>

I, a maintainer of GCC [1], endorse version 1.0 of the GNU Social
Contract, available at <https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract>.

I'm endorsing it in a personal capacity (rather than on behalf of my
employer).

Dave

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=search;s=David+Malcolm;st=author