Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 05:27:17 -0500

   just a public heads-up on progress on the GNU Social Contract. Following
   our initially announced timeline, we had put online the first draft at the
   end of January.

The GNU project has rejected the idea of a social contract.  Can you
please rename it so to stop causing confusion?  Seeing that this does
not reflect what offical stance of the GNU project.

   The goal of the document is to formulate a common core set
   of values for the GNU Project, on which we can jointly build to form a
   stronger community. It is both an agreement among us, GNU contributors, and
   a pledge to the broader free software community. Additionally, we think it
   can be a first step towards formalising a transparent and collective
   governance of the GNU Project.

Since you are not the head of the GNU project, it is not in your
capacity to decide what the values of the GNU project are.

That you have resorted to unethical behaviour by harvesting private
information, spreading falsehoods and that we haven't added this to
the GNU project web site should make that quite clear.