Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 11:52:10 +0100

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 05:27:17AM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Since you are not the head of the GNU project, it is not in your
> capacity to decide what the values of the GNU project are.

Well, being just one out of, I think, a few hundred GNU maintainers and many
more contributors, I can of course not "decide" by myself what the values of
the GNU Project are. But the process of reaching this document has been open
and collective, so that we hope that it reflects a broader consensus than
just individual opinions. And the endorsement period is also there to gauge
whether the document strikes a more general chord.

Andreas