Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 23:57:33 +0100

Hi Dmitry,

On Sat, 2020-02-15 at 19:31 +0200, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 15.02.2020 3:33, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >      This initiative is not supported by Richard Stallman.
> >      Nevertheless, we consider it a legitimate action by and for GNU
> >      maintainers to collectively define the core values we believe GNU
> >      stands for.
>
> That makes it sound like Richard is the sole contrarian, and you five
> (or however many) represent all the "good guys" GNU maintainers who are
> endorsing this document.

Yes, I see how that formulation is too strong and might be read like
that. I hadn't realized how it sounded. Thanks for pointing that out. I
have updated it to say that "The process followed by this initiative is
not supported by...". Which I hope sounds more neutral and better
describes the core of the disagreement.

Thanks,

Mark