Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 14:12:17 +0100

Hi,

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> skribis:

> I figured your "collaborates with the broader free software community"
> item was about how non-GNU free software are a "good thing" still
> (e.g. LLVM has the right to exist, and we should interface with it
> properly as well), but apparently not.

As I see it, the point of the Social Contract you’re referring to is a
commitment to work hand in hand with our natural allies.  These could be
projects that build software the GNU system or GNU applications rely on,
or it could be projects fighting the same fight.

It’s not about “embracing” any free software project out there.

Thanks,
Ludo’.