Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 13:06:39 -0500

   I'm not saying that GNU will necessarily stop growing and decline. What
   I'm afraid is that it might just become insignificant compared to
   others, and thus its voice for the 4 freedoms become less and less
   heard.

I think everyone would agree that we do not want the four freedoms to
become irrelevant, or that the GNU project be forgotten.  And I think
everyone can also agree that there are groups that are working against
it (see e.g. the whole idea of "ethical" licenses).

There are probobly many questions to answer, but the way that the
group of five are pushing it is activley harmful, and show the same
behaviour as those groups trying to push for weakening free software.