Re: feeling intimidated for endorsing the GNU social contract

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: feeling intimidated for endorsing the GNU social contract
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 14:37:37 -0500

   Here it is with my suggestion for the moderators.

Thank you.  Moderators cannot do anything when someones CCs you
directly, none of the messages you mentioned went through to this list
that I can see (you can see the public archive at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/).  So this means
that moderation has been successful, but the way email works there is
little to nothing one can do when one is CCed...

   I also now realize that part of the response had to do with the
   bizarre "hangout" mailing list that was created to get some
   postings to many people on this list without going through this
   list.

Alas moderators are not in control of what other people do on non-GNU
mailing lists, like mass subscribing or mailing people against their
will.  :-(