Re: Harrassment on this list

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Harrassment on this list
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 02:42:21 +0100

Le dimanche 23 février 2020, 20:13:51 CET Andreas Enge a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 02:04:29PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> > If you feel so much angered by an email, try to see past the points
> > that you get angry about and try to find what the other party is
> > trying to communicate.
>
> So what do you think that someone tries to communicate with the
> statement "You are sick"?

They are trying to communicate several things, among which: unability to
understand you as acting rationally (which means not all points and
reasoning behind your actions is clear)… and anger, as last time someone
tried to frame that as something else, they got corrected, so I guess the
emotional content is considered important as well…

But “you are sick” is unkind communication indeed, don’t feel not
listened, you are understood on this point.