Re: The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic governance tool

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic governance tool
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 12:12:09 +0200

On 23.02.2020 23:34, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
I do see that some people do not judge the document for what it actually
says, and I think it’s a pity.

Over the last decade I have, again, not been silent about a desire to
work towards a collectively-run GNU.  But I’ve also done a lot for GNU
in that time, and I don’t think it’s useful to view every single action
of mine as “part of that campaign”.

I think it's a real pity that the first public push for this initiative (which could be beneficial for GNU in the long run) started with you kicking down Richard who had just been unfairly treated by the public and the press in the preceding scandal.

I haven't seen a lot of the subsequent discussions on this mailing list, I'm sure, but in my mind your success is emotionally entangled with damaging the reputation of a good man.

And that is something you *will* have to work on fixing (because I'm sure others have similar sentiments).