Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 10:21:55 -0500

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 07:46:59AM -0500, Ruben Safir wrote:
> You mean aside from the fact that they posted in on their website?

I asked Alex if they had any more details about how the Guile and Guix
projects "have both excluded and/or vilified people who disagree with
people in power".

So far Alex has not replied. Your reply is not very informative but I
assume you are referring to the joint statement. That is not an example
of what Alex mentioned as far as I can tell, given that the signers of
the joint statement are by definition subordinate to RMS within GNU.

I asked Alex to back up their claim because, as someone who has worked
within Guix for years, I view the Guix project as notably friendly and
collegial — this behavior is modeled by Ludovic and is a primary factor
in Guix's growth and success.

I think Alex's claim is incorrect.