Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 08:58:18 +0100

On 28/02/2020 05:37, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 22:26:27 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> It took me a few days, but I finally came up with a concise summary of
>> the situation:
>>
>> https://fsfellowship.eu/what-is-a-safe-space/
>
> I am ashamed to have "free software" appear on this page and for anyone
> to believe I or anyone else here may be affiliated with such an
> extremist and horrific perspective.  How dare you equate the ongoing
> discussion with the slaughter of people.
>
> This is not welcome on this list.

The UN’s special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhumane or
degrading treatment or punishment has said[1] exactly the same thing as me.

The PsyOps techniques that large free software communities are now using
against volunteers, minimising people's views, misquoting/gaslighting,
scapegoating, shaming and emotional blackmail do as much harm or more
than physical violence.

These have become tools-of-the-trade for the people who sought to
displace RMS

Regards,

Daniel

1.