Re: Shannon Dosemagen and the FSF

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Shannon Dosemagen and the FSF
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 03:13:15 -0500

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 07:56:21PM -0500, aviva wrote:

> I wanted to voice my concern about the direction the the Free Software
> Foundation has recently taken.?? It seems that it has, with out warrant,
> moved past its initial mandate and adapting a more radicalized political
> stance that drives away large segments of the population from the
> mission of promoting Free Software.

I share your concern.   Over the last few years many people have noticed
a shift towards extremist support of idealogy which is orthogonal to the
Free Software cause.   And the board has not kept this in check.

> Recently, the FSF has announced having Shannon Dosemagen as a keynote
> speaker at libreplanet.?? Shannon is in no way a representative of the
> Free Software movement, and represents an organization, Publiclab,

I have never heard of this person nor the organisation so I have no comment
to make on the rest of your mail.

J'