Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] openspace

From: Alexander Vdolainen
Subject: Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] openspace
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 17:45:11 +0200

hi

On Wednesday, 4 March 2020 16:47:21 EET Ruben Safir wrote:
> On 3/4/20 8:41 AM, Alexander Vdolainen wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 4 March 2020 15:15:15 EET Ruben Safir wrote:
> >> http://wiki.openspaceproject.com/docs/developers/compiling/ubuntu
> >>
> >> :(
> >>
> >> Umbuntu is not Linux.  :(
> >
> > Why ?
> >
> > Linux is a kernel, ubuntu is running on the linux kernel.
> > Going further, as far as I know ubuntu uses GNU userland and some common
> > things like X11 etc ...  - that means instruction is applicable for other
> > linux-running Oses with the same userland (excluding stuff about package
> > management).
>
> I think they also have a custom kernel, much like SuSE, although I might
> be wrong.  Did you compile it and run with the the GIEA data?
I've spent some time, and I was able to build this. It's trying to run (I've
got a startup screen with a lot of messages about data downloading), but my
version from the git has a bug:

*** longjmp causes uninitialized stack frame ***: ./OpenSpace terminated
zsh: abort      ./OpenSpace

At the moment my spare time is quite limited to go deeper than already made,
but will try to do it later. (openspace is going to be interesting).

PS I'm using gentoo (the cause has been lost during the last 10yrs.), well -
in my configuration only gdal were required to install.

--
Make The Internet Great Again!