Re: Web versions

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Web versions
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:41:34 +0300

* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> [2021-03-16 19:11]:
> Nobody has argued that there are no other models where
> Javascrip/Webassembly could be used in an ethical fashion, but a
> discussion that talks about anything, and everything will end up in
> nothing.
>
> The way that Javascript, and Webassembly is intended to be use is the
> problem.

Generalization is not good. Then we can say this world is the problem
because there are some problems in the world.

Useful Webassembly application, SSH in browser:
https://www.ssheasy.com/
https://madewithwebassembly.com/showcase/ssheasy/

It is free software. It runs on user's computer. That means I can host
it myself anywhere and access my servers through SSH without using my
personal computer. Then I can read and write emails, handle notes,
handle customers, make sales on the run.

That is very specific use case.

What I have been doing before is I have been downloading Putty.exe to
access my remote servers from Internet cafes' Windoze
computers. Sometimes it worked to run the Putty sometimes not,
permissions were not enough. This way it will work stable.

Many Webassembly applications can accept uploading of a file into your
own browser. So files and data need not necessarily go to remote
server.

Or DICOM parser:
https://www.orthanc-server.com/external/wasm-dicom-parser/

After making X-ray image in hospital, image is given to patient
sometimes on the DVD-ROM. DICOM viewer runs in the browser,
client-side, read the page. It can help doctors to review X-ray
images.

It is free software and specific use example. In those examples I
cannot see anything bad.

Jean