Re: Truth matters when writing software and selecting leaders

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Truth matters when writing software and selecting leaders
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:11:19 +0300

* Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281@gmail.com> [2021-03-25 05:58]:
> Akira Urushibata wrote:
> > Richard Stallman recently announced at LibrePlanet that he would
> > return to the FSF board.  Soon after this announcement, many articles
> > appeared online stating strong objection to his return.
>
> Does there appear to be some form of hidden coordination behind these
> articles?

Any larger media organizations works by using keywords. They keep
files and have directions on how to write about the specific
keyword. Direction may say when keyword ABC appears, you have to
mention XYZ and GHJ keywords. They know how to sell their stuff. They
repeat what makes flames. If I remember well blood is somewhere on
first place, then comes sex, but I forgot the major 4 subjects that
"sell". Directions are political more or less. Journalists in a
specific organization are not free to say what they really want, they
comply to directions of an organization. It is not a single employed
journalist that has full freedom of speech, it is the
organization. Directions can be political and could be orchestrated
and coordinated by their source or origin, not necessarily by the
organizational's director. The source or origin may be well planned so
that future coordination appears random. When keyword like RMS appears
anywhere in media, they just do their drill.

> As I understand, RMS always thought that proprietary software companies
> would make some kind of large legal attack on the GNU project, so he was
> very particular about setting up the FSF and arranging for copyrights on
> many GNU packages to be held by the FSF.

Exactly, and those attacks are taking place from time to time,
including GPL violations. It is just that respons is mild and friendly
with purpose to create more free software.

My opinion is that focus for FSF is mainly on their well established
purposes, on what really matters and focus to defend or resolve
various public opinions is of low priority.