Re: Web versions, thoughts

From: Parodper
Subject: Re: Web versions, thoughts
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 11:38:23 +0200

O 02/04/21 ás 21:13, Zany And Crazy escribiu:
> Porting something to the web is not only rewriting from >scratch in JavaScript

Isn't WebAssembly a way to make C++ code run in the browser? I thought
that's what it was.....

But code is not the only thing that forms a program. There is also the need for the graphical interfaces, which is usually written in HTML+CSS. Also, interacting through a web browser is different from a native system. You need to take into account the different types of screens and devices.

And all of this costs money, in both developers and servers. Executing a webpage every time you need to run a program costs more than just downloading and running locally.