Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 22:20:53 +0300

* Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> [2021-04-28 18:28]:
> I call out to the moderators of these mailing lists, if moderation indeed
> still exists there, to act against such hate mail by Jean Louis singling
> out an individual whose actions they disagree with:

I have no hate against Ludo, I admire his work and welcome him.

It is only that I state my opinion. Defamation is false accusation of
na offense, or malicious misrepresentatioin of someone's words or
actions. I am fully free to say that Ludovic is leader in Guix and
that he used Guix project for defamatory statements on GNU project and
RMS. That statement of mine is however, so far from any hate.

I don't find it proper as he practices whatever defamatory politics on
GNU pages. Please remove it from GNU pages, stop misrepresenting GNU,
and I will not say here nothing, as your personal opinions are
personal. Then we can take it elsewhere.

Please don't whine if I mention Ludovic, it was not me who started
defamation in the first place. He and you, and all the group, you have
to bear with the consequences. People will talk. Bear with
consequences. My opinion is mild. I really don't hate anybody of these
people, why would I? I find them all intelligent, but I call them
defamatory for the reason, as that is what they do for as long as they
are publishing that statement.

You incited division in GNU project and keep dividing GNU
project. Yes, I find it malicious. You called people into the AntiGNU
assemble, not because they "suddenly discovered the domain" -- but
because you organized them, you are dividing GNU project for your
political reasons. And I can bet you never confronted RMS to speak
about whatever issue you have, so far now you have no objective issue,
just vague issues. Much of it has been already clarified here:
https://stallmansupport.org/

None of you have so far apologized or retracted your defamatory
statements.

You come to GNU mailing list with intention to divide more people,
where it is clear that you want to cause illegal take over of
non-profit corporation. Then you tell me I am the hater? I am very
surprised on that.

Can you respect the legal documents of non-profit named FSF? Can you
understand that it is legally founded non-profit that publishes its
statements annually, and that the only real impact caused was by your
group and similar defamators when they caused RMS to resign? How many
speeches did RMS hold after resignation? Much less than before.

You have to view straight into consequences of your doings. To tell"
the word "defamation" is warning for you. You can also get sued, but
you enjoy the privilege of kindness where somebody values your
projects and your contributions more than the personal image and
fame. You as group basically abuse elder respectful person with
impunity that is to me not understandable.

And so far none of you have any direct issue to solve with RMS, and if
you would have, why don't you solve it?

It is cancel culture.

This is the intersection of people who signed defamatory
statement on GNU Project October 7, 2019, and who are now
also speaking on the mailing list in the AntiGNU Assembly:

The defamatory statement on GNU project The AntiGNU Assembly has about same
and RMS, as published on Guix project   initiators, where it is obvious that
website, hosted under GNU.org,          they disgruntled feelings come from
October 7, 2019, has following          failure to understand that RMS is on
people (and more than that):            board:

Ludovic Courtès (GNU Guix, GNU Guile)   Ludovic Courtès (GNU Guile, GNU
Guile-RPC, GNU Guix, GNU Shepherd)
Ricardo Wurmus (GNU Guix, GNU GWL)      Ricardo Wurmus (Guile-Debbugs, GNU
Guix, Guix Workflow Language)
Matt Lee (GNU Social)
Andreas Enge (GNU MPC)                  Andreas Enge (GNU MPC, GNU Guix)
Samuel Thibault (GNU Hurd, GNU libc)    Samuel Thibault (GNU Hurd)
Carlos O'Donell (GNU libc)              Carlos O'Donell (GNU C Library, GNU
Compiler Collection (GCC))
Andy Wingo (GNU Guile)                  Andy Wingo (Guile-OpenGL, Guile-GNOME,
GNU Guile)
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso (GNU Octave)
Mark Wielaard (GNU Classpath)           Mark J. Wielaard (GNU C Library, GNU
Compiler Collection (GCC), GNU Classpath)
Ian Lance Taylor (GCC, GNU Binutils)
Werner Koch (GnuPG)                     Werner Koch (GNU Libgcrypt, GnuPG)
Daiki Ueno (GNU gettext
Christopher Lemmer Webber               Christopher Lemmer Webber (8sync, GNU
MediaGoblin)
Jan Nieuwenhuizen (GNU Mes              Jan Nieuwenhuizen (GNU LilyPond, GNU
Mes)
John Wiegley (GNU Emacs)
Tom Tromey (GCC, GDB)
Jeff Law (GCC, Binutils —               Jeff Law (GNU Compiler Collection (GCC))
Han-Wen Nienhuys (GNU LilyPond)         Han-Wen Nienhuys (GNU LilyPond)

> Am Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:12:13AM +0300 schrieb Jean Louis:
> > Ludovic Courtès (Guix)
> > Ludovic Courtès
> > Ludovic Courtès
> > Ludovic Courtès

I never wrote this, that is not my email, I did not write that above.

> This cannot be qualified but as personal harrassment.

Personal harassment would be if I contact Ludo personally and tell him
something really bad personally, not related to organization and his
public statements, but I never did so. I am stating facts related to
public statements. If Ludo publishes it on the website, he has to face
that some people will talk and some will call him bad names, but I
never called him bad names as I don't use that kind of language.

> Ironically, they are making a very good point why we think that GNU needs
> a new start with the GNU Assembly; and this initiative is not that of a
> single person, but
>    https://gnu.tools/en/people/
> lists more than 30 people from the GNU project supporting it.

Definitely not because I have said that your statement is defamatory,
as it was not me in the first place who said that before you issued
the statement. Your argument has no place. I am just saying what you
as group are doing, defaming GNU project, defaming RMS, and now
splitting GNU project with illegal take over attempt of non-profit
FSF. The list you mention above is list of people you lured and
divided from GNU project.

By the way, could you please update the license on this page:
https://gnu.tools/en/documents/free-software/

The page is mentioning "open source" that was never in the original
article for free software here:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html and original article is
licensed under Copyright © 1996, 2002, 2004-2007, 2009-2019, 2021 Free
Software Foundation, Inc. This page is licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. -- which
means, that you are required legally:

- You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and
  indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable
  manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you
  or your use.

  There is no URL to the original article, in fact there is no URL or
  hyperlink to any GNU.org page, no proper attribution, no license,
  and no indication of modification. You are required to respect
  copyrights.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns