Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 23:28:47 +0300

* Taylan Kammer <taylan.kammer@gmail.com> [2021-04-30 22:19]:
> While some might be familiar with similar constructs from corporate
> life, and while some people coming from a corporate background may be
> contributing to this CoC current, it seems very obvious to me that CoCs
> are mainly a manifestation of the contemporary "political correctness"
> wave, which IMO has more to do with social activism than
> corporations.

>From a meme on "social activism" and "social justice warriors", on a
difference between those:

Ok, here's the diffrence between "social activists" and "social
justice warriors":

- Social activist: "oh look, there's no wheelchair ramps into that
  building. Let's build a ramp!"

- Social Justice Warrior: "Let's persecute people using the stairs and
  make them feel bad for having legs!"

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/