Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: The anti-GNU defamatory group of Ludovic Courtès - Re: assessment of the GNU Assembly project
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 01:22:15 +0300

Corwin, I wish to say thank you for calming voice, that is good. Yet
people need to speak and speech will solve many issues among
people. It is a process where not everybody may enjoy.

In regards to this below:

* Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> [2021-04-30 21:29]:
> Let me be very clear and direct:  when a woman wrote us to express
> personally and specifically her concerns around RMS we ran her off, and ran
> her down.  There's no place for that in this community, nor in any
> community dedicated to the public good.   It has nothing to do with the
> veracity much less universality of the concerns she took the time to share
> with us.   We should be grateful to anyone troubling to hold up the
> mirror.  If we find it distorted, and wonder why that soul searching should
> begin at home. When we finally show those questions, we must do so in a way
> that encourages and rewards the courage shown.  Little I've read on this
> list since the convention has conveyed we are able to do this, much less
> that we are committed to doing so.

I do not think that personal relationship issues should be brought in
public space. But when they are brought in public space then there
must be reason for that.

However, this mailing list has diverse group of people who cannot
account for those personal relationship.

When woman decided to bring it up, then she had to review the current
group dynamics of this mailing list and be ready for public
commenting.

I don't think that she (whoever you refer to), for being a woman,
should be treated with priority, rather with equality.

IMHO, personal issues, solve it personally. Good advise for
everybody. If you bring rumours in public space, expect commenting and
public opinion. If there is anything illegal, report to authorities,
as mailing list cannot help there.

Conclusion: there was nothing illegal, personal issue was not solved
personally, it was brought to public space and people got better
understanding of it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns