Re: Richard Stallman should be reinstated to President of the FSF

From: inasprecali
Subject: Re: Richard Stallman should be reinstated to President of the FSF
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 17:40:40 +0100

dick <dick.r.chiang@gmail.com> writes:

> i> Last time I checked, the vast majority of personal computing devices
> i> are still running a fully proprietary operating system
>
> I investigated this claim, and *mein gott*, you're right.  There appear
> to be at least two such systems macOS and Windows.  The first thing we
> ought to do is discontinue GNU Emacs support for those systems.  What do
> you think?

I think you should further elaborate how you came to the
conclusion of making this suggestion and what consequences it
would involve.

> i> The expression "No one" in the English language means exactly what it
> i> says on the tin.
>
> I personally *do* care about the distinction between "open source" and
> "libre".  Perhaps we can agree the hyperbolic use of "No one" in this
> context was short for "No one of consequence."

No, I disagree.  Clearly some people "of consequence" do care
about this distinction, otherwise we wouldn’t be having this
conversation on this particular mailing list in the first place.
Perhaps you can move the goalposts once again until you find
something that is actually sound.