grub-devel

How Linus distro like Fedora named all utilities binary file prefixed wi

From: document
Subject: How Linus distro like Fedora named all utilities binary file prefixed with grub2-*
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 00:56:24 +0800

Hi,

Anyone teach me how grub 2 build from source but all utilities binary file will
prefixed with grub2-*,
e.g /usr/bin/grub-mkimage will installed as /usr/bin/grub2-mkimage, yes, Fedora
did it.

I've checked some web pages especially
"https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/grub2/tree/rawhide";
but I can not find out how Redhat let GRUB 2 utilities all prefixed with
'grub2'(such as grub-mkimage
changed to grub2-mkimage as I said above), it is too much noise and hard for me
to find the expected lines.

One more thing, I am not talking about grub leacy and sorry about my poor
English :P